I think I have pulled a Benotto 5000 out of the skip!

Re:

I'm in the Northern Rivers Region, 30mins inland from Byron.

Mainly cattle around here - looking to get some Alpaca on my land myself - perhaps a V8 Holden Ute would come in handy - I would consider a swap for a bright green Maloo R8! Lol.

Re:

Nice country up that way, I visited some years ago albeit too briefly. I think I know of someone who knows Benotto well, will advise tomorrow morning. Cheers.

Wish you were in Blighty as I would love to add the Benotto 5000 to my collection. :cry:
It would be the perfect partner to my Raleigh SBDU Aero in Reynolds 753 oval to round in lugged construction. :)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=410688

Attachments

• 20200717_181152.jpg
    20200717_181152.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,155
Re:

Thanks for all the interest, help and info.

I dropped into the post office to get an idea of postage prices for the whole rig via Australia Post.

Essentially it will be a min approx $330 AUD to send to US, UK or Europe - that's roughly $230usd, £180, €200. Based on 20kg (the bike with tyres weighs 10kg And allowing 10kg to package). For Oz it would be less depending on location. (Price will need to be confirmed once all packaged up).

There seems to be a lot of interest in the Super Record group set on its own - I guess people want it for their own frame restorations.

I guess i should list it as frame only and Campy set seperately - be a shame to split it up though.

I'll hold on a bit longer to see if I can get local interest or send overseas to someone who want to keep it all together.

This is by far the most engaged forum - good on you.

I no longer have the Alfa in my life - but I did just spend $5k having my mower fixed - how my life has changed!

Re:

Just fyi, for shipping within Australia you (or your customer) may find e-go more affordable than AusPost, if you are prepared to take the package to the depot in Lismore.

Re: Re:

D-String":3thtgp3i said:
I'm in the Northern Rivers Region, 30mins inland from Byron.

Mainly cattle around here - looking to get some Alpaca on my land myself - perhaps a V8 Holden Ute would come in handy - I would consider a swap for a bright green Maloo R8! Lol.

At least you can freely move around unlike Melbourne.......

Re:

So, I have listed on eBay as recommended. But I have listed it all together (as not recommended). Someone will get a really nice and almost complete Bike to restore - or all the Campy sets they need and still have a great frame to flip.
Thanks for all the advice - this is a great group.

Re: benotto

Well done for listing as complete bicycle. It still has a chance of staying together, for which you can take credit.
Cheers
W

Back