Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:12 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:27 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:01 am
Posts: 9
Hi, been looking on this site for a while now reading up as I start to freshen up my bike.

The bike is a 1984 Raleigh Competition which I paid £225 for as a 17 year old in 1984. All original apart from rims, spokes, rear hub and tape.

All stripped now and off to paint on Fri, just need to decide colour


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:23 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:03 pm
Posts: 7362
Location: held captive by baby haggis in a cave in Scotland
Sounds good and I bet it has a few stories to tell.
Start a thread in readers rides and tell us a bit about it, then detail the paint and rebuild process.

Jamie


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:12 am 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Thu May 28, 2020 5:38 pm
Posts: 123
Wigan bear wrote:
Hi, been looking on this site for a while now reading up as I start to freshen up my bike.

The bike is a 1984 Raleigh Competition which I paid £225 for as a 17 year old in 1984. All original apart from rims, spokes, rear hub and tape.

All stripped now and off to paint on Fri, just need to decide colour


I'm on the same frame since 87, looks like you beat me! I was also 17 in 84. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:01 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:42 pm
Posts: 5673
Location: West Yorkshire
Rapparee87 wrote:
Wigan bear wrote:
Hi, been looking on this site for a while now reading up as I start to freshen up my bike.

The bike is a 1984 Raleigh Competition which I paid £225 for as a 17 year old in 1984. All original apart from rims, spokes, rear hub and tape.

All stripped now and off to paint on Fri, just need to decide colour


I'm on the same frame since 87, looks like you beat me! I was also 17 in 84. :D


Nobbut a couple of young whippersnappers, the pair of you :D

You wait till you get to my age. When I were a lad we didn't have these fancy gears etc. etc. etc..................... :roll: :facepalm:

However, apart from all that, looking forward to seeing progress - with plenty of pictures!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:02 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:01 am
Posts: 9
Jamiedyer wrote:
Sounds good and I bet it has a few stories to tell.
Start a thread in readers rides and tell us a bit about it, then detail the paint and rebuild process.

Jamie


Will do. Really cant decide a colour for it. One half thinks stick to what it is, the other half is saying you dont really like the colour it came out of factory with.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: limeplasterer, pigman, steampowered, torqueless and 48 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group