Area Groups Section- Suggestion box and requests

Love this idea might get me off my lazy ass this winter. Got good intentions every Sunday but something always comes up. I live in East Yorkshire and ride in Dalby (North Yorks) occasionally but i think Yorkshire should be broken down a bit somehow, it is the biggest county in England and meets covering all 4 parts could result in some long traveling distances.

On my theoretical map the Highlands and North West areas are much larger. You can get anywhere in Yorkshire in an hour max. Also there is overlap to consider- you might live in somewhere like Sheffield and find that there are more members in Notts or Derbyshire and join the East Midlands posse. If we start splitting counties up we could end up with 150 groups with two members each and nothing would have been accomplished.
Fancy Dalby next Saturday? a few of us meeting there, this area thing will no doubt be one of the topics discussed between wheezing and coughing.

Great idea! I might actually meet some people off this forum! The Google map shows nobody near me, but not everyone fills in their location.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/google_map.php

map.JPG

well we have

Gloucestershire
Oxfordshire

Depending how big the areas could expand to include

Wiltshire
Warwickshire
Worcestershire

Cant make Dalby on Saturday got to work :cry: :cry: . I know what your saying but from where i live some areas of Yorkshire are well over an hour away Dalby for example is an hour + on a good run. Still think its a fantasic idea though and will happily join my relevant group and help out any way i can. :D :D :D :D

Think of the MacRetro ones only 2 have been a hours drive the rest have been 2-3 each way.

Dr S":4f2lo396 said:
mazdaman1980":4f2lo396 said:
Whos blessing do we need? :?

Is this just for us to build some rapport with bikers in our area or is this a Retrobike regional team thing?

Cant i meet up with who i like when i like?

Yes you can, but if the plan outlined above ie- dedicated forum section, needs the blessing and hard work of this sites creator/s.

I have only put the idea out there for debate and will help if required but ultimately what John and the mods decide is what goes.

There is nothing to stop anyone getting together.

Some great ideas here chaps, need to sit down and read through it all :D

If people want to continue to organise rides and meets via the forum than that is of course cool. Good to see so many people meeting up and riding via the website :D

Already had vaguely similar thoughts about making things like this 'official' - basically the way to go the club route. Anyhow more to follow from all and sundry and I'm sure, including me.

Back