1995 Cannondale M500

jimwise68

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've been after an Iceland Green/Pearl Hyper-Highlight Cannondale since they came out.

FINALLY bagged myself one. The owner bought it new and has looked after it meticulously. He's now in his 60s and cant ride it anymore.

I have swapped the Club Roost riser bars out he'd had on there (he'd instructed the shop to change them when he bought it new), added the bar ends for now and put a new Kalloy seatpost on, as he had had the original one cut down to bare minimum :(

Im on the lookout for some Coda bars, so if anybody has a spare set then let me know please :)

I've also swapped over the slick amberwalls for some Ritcheys.

I absolutely love this bike and to me it is a holy grail of MTB, the ride doesnt disappoint and it is in phenomenal condition.

This is definitely one to enjoy on sunny days.

Attachments

• IMG_5437.JPG
    IMG_5437.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,088
Janners Mugs":1ohxc7rd said:
Nice. Were the M200/300/400 etc all the same frame but with increasing quality components?

Janners

In 1995 there were three different frame models.

the M2000, M900 and M500 was the 2.8 series frame (with Pepperoni forks).

The M800 BotE was the 3.0 Series.

The M400 and M300SE was the 3.8 series.

As the model numbers increased the frame quality increased and the components increased in quality too.

I had just thought "Don't be lazy" and peered at the brochure. I am trying to work out where, what I think is, 1997 M300 CAD1 fits. why CAD1? Reaching the conclusion it's pretty much bottom of the pile!

That green is gorgeous, and the graphics really look good as a combination. Your bike looks rather dapper.

Janners

Janners Mugs":366vu1kr said:
That green is gorgeous, and the graphics really look good as a combination. Your bike looks rather dapper.

Janners

thanks, it is such a lovely colour.

Indeed I had just found the vintage cannondale site. My questions have now been answered. Marvelous.

Cheers
Janners

That’s such a beautiful bike and the frame colour especially is jaw dropping

ibbz":iugdgjnh said:
That’s such a beautiful bike and the frame colour especially is jaw dropping

Thanks, yes Cannondale did do some lovely paint jobs. In the sunlight it really pops and the subtle green hyper-highlight really sets it off.

Early to mid 90s were a great time for Cannondale in terms of colour options, even better that they generally offered two options per model.

Many a fond memory building them up when new models arrived.

Latest posts

Back