Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:43 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:18 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 2170
Location: wirral
You could ride an 18in.[/quote]

6,1 with a 33 inside leg?[/quote]

Right. 19in is it.[/quote]


No idea, I had a old British eagle shadow 21” frame so what’s your point?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:30 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:22 am
Posts: 301
mtbdave wrote:
You could ride an 18in.


6,1 with a 33 inside leg?[/quote]

Right. 19in is it.[/quote]


No idea, I had a old British eagle shadow 21” frame so what’s your point?[/quote]

Do i need one?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:27 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 2170
Location: wirral
What’s your problem?

Because everything I say seems you wanna disagree with


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:37 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:22 am
Posts: 301
mtbdave wrote:
What’s your problem?

Because everything I say seems you wanna disagree with


The problem was your post stating a chromoly GT frame weigs less than a titanium GT frame and that´s not correct.
Also, the amount of seatpost showing suggest a frame that´s slightly too big. that´s not my problem as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:17 am 
Old School GrandMaster | Rider
Old School GrandMaster | Rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:29 pm
Posts: 7201
Location: peak district
Prodigal Son wrote:
mtbdave wrote:
What’s your problem?

Because everything I say seems you wanna disagree with


The problem was your post stating a chromoly GT frame weigs less than a titanium GT frame and that´s not correct.
Also, the amount of seatpost showing suggest a frame that´s slightly too big. that´s not my problem as well.



I think the OP was weighing the bikes, not the frames :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:53 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:22 am
Posts: 301
mk one wrote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
mtbdave wrote:
What’s your problem?

Because everything I say seems you wanna disagree with


The problem was your post stating a chromoly GT frame weigs less than a titanium GT frame and that´s not correct.
Also, the amount of seatpost showing suggest a frame that´s slightly too big. that´s not my problem as well.



I think the OP was weighing the bikes, not the frames :wink:


8) I noticed that. Xizang and psyclones are frame only GTs. We built them however we chose; light or heavy tires and pedals have a huge impact on final weight. In the end buke weight won´t matter much.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:01 pm 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:01 am
Posts: 117
Location: Sydney
Love it Dave. Looks even better on Retrobike!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:16 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 2170
Location: wirral
Mr Crudley wrote:
Love it Dave. Looks even better on Retrobike!!



Thanks pal, I threw it in for this months bike of the month, see how it does! Fingers crossed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:16 am 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 212
Location: Cannock Chase
Looking at both bikes in addition to the larger size of the Xizang frame it looks like a Turbo saddle compared to a Flite then you’ve got the extra weight of the U Brake and the Flip Flop quill stem. All will add up.

They’re both fantastic bikes regardless of what they weigh!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group