Is it a Zaskar Mr ?

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Well it isn’t we know that ,but what is it?

Avalanche? LE maybe? From 93-95 I reckon ?

Thought I might as well find out before I break it up

Re:

Yeh I know it’s not a Zaskar but what is it exactly?

Avalanche I’m saying as it’s full XT 737 with Judy’s and 217 rims. But what year and maybe a LE?

I feel I owe it to find out before I split

I don’t really think you can go by the group set, it’s unlikely it was original to the frame.

1995 Avalanche is the closest that comes to mind, but it looks like more XT has been added to it.

Regardless, it looks to be in great condition.

Re:

Can I point out I 100% knew it wasn’t a Zaskar when I bought it. I’ve owned over 20 and still own some now so I know a Zaskar when I see one. But I still quite like it and may even resticker it correctly yet and keep rather than split.

It’s more what it was originally before someone added the stickers which was my question.

I believe the components are standard just from what I was told by who i got it off and the fact it’s all matching 737 and aged the same etc.

Forks are Judy XC in SL yellow that are short travel versions which I believe were 94/95 ish

now there is a story, and I am not saying it is true just saying (simialr to you saying that you knew it wasnt a zaskar) that sometime in the 90's there was a batch of nopn zaskar frames, that came, at least to australia, that were all decaled up as zaskars, eg they ran out odf actaul zaskar frames and just when whatever know one will know...except they did and people got all bent out of shape. Maybe true, maybe not, I seem to have a very hazy memory of some uproar about it back in the day. But the story/rumour, I have heard, but that's it.

Back