Help with rotating photos

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Hi Guys
Lately when i put pics in my photobucket account, even if they are sent the right way up, when they come out the other side they are upside down or sideways on :roll:
Now due to my PC being older than me, i cannot use the editing software provided by Photobucket. Lately I have posted a few pics and clever types have spun then round for me (cheers Bas and Pickle ;) )

could you tell me how to do it in simpleton terms??

cheers
Si

we have a similar issue sometimes at work.

Due to incompatabilities between various versions of Photoshop and other image and captioning applications (and cameras) some verions will read the preview and thumbnails of an image (often the bits you see on a website) as the wrong way round.

It may be that your camera is set to 'auto rotate' and the software you are uploading with doesn't see it and the software at teh other end does. This has been one of our issues recently.

Worth checking the camera settings and if it's ticked, untick auto rotate. If not (as well may be the case) get in touch with photobucket and ask them. maybe they'll give you a solution?

FluffyChicken":3h942iyk said:
How do you rotate them at the moment ?

I don't, they are fine when downloaded from my phone or camera.

I think there is an easy answer to this. Pickle has rotated pics I have posted in the past for me. But how?

Back