Project Hei Hei

Re: re:

captain8track":wfv19rwm said:
looks like the spec I'm gonna go after on my next build, are thoose the new P2 fork? do u know the axle to crown height? looks really nice!

The forks are Vicious Cycles fella, and they are gorgeous.
Can't remember the AtoC but can measure for you.

Rear wheel done, think I have made a boob not matching the rims but I think when it's all done it will be OK...maybe.

BB7's so easy to set-uo...impressed so far.

Some bad camera photos

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

re:

ahh, thougt it was an p2. looks very tall, but good looking.

yes, those bb7 are great! just wish they came in a light version...

Well its done and rideable....must change the current bar and stem combo.
After my initial ride I'm wondering if I have made the right choice over the Guyzer...but early days.
Eno eccentric hub is brilliant.
BB7 need some time to break-in for a true evaluation.

Can't help notice all the nice claret behind - its your other weakness - ;)

you are lucky on the other side of the channel as here old konas are really hard to find :cry:
we have got the wine though but shipping a case is so much easier and cheaper :roll: So you have the best part :LOL:

bduc61":14actkfp said:
Can't help notice all the nice claret behind - its your other weakness - ;)

Oh yes, when I can afford it. This Christmas I will be mostly drinking 1997
Ch. Pibran...a stunning Pauillac at its peak and just £27.40.

A few close ups of the Eno hub for those who were interested. Just a few tweaks to do now. Cut down the steerer, change the stem and bars and seat post.

Ebaystuff302-1.jpg

Ebaystuff303-1.jpg

Ebaystuff304.jpg

Ebaystuff305.jpg

Well, I suppose it's looking ok, but how on earth are you going to stop it without a rear disc? I think that's dangerous mate. ;)

I have consulted my extensive collection (only photos though :( ) and unfortunately almost all are from the drive side, but all the non-drive side photos I have show a Hei Hei decal and I feel sure that TallPaul's explanation is correct.

Being serious for a moment, I have to say in all sincerity that if you sell that Guyzer, I shall have to conclude that you're a mad person. It's just a matter of conquering this 'haven't got space' phobia. You *have* got space Carl. It's everything else that you haven't got space for. In any case, remove the bars and brakes and it's wall art of the highest class. And of course you'll put it back into action at some point. One bike is never enough.

Back