Stan Jones Columbus SL

peanutcracknell

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Hi, I'm having a bit of a clearout so I'm looking to sell my Stan Jones road bike as it's not been used for several years now.

60cm (23 1/2'') centre of b.b to top of seat tube approx 22 1/2 toptube.
Columbus Sl tubes and columbus fork.
Shimano 600 cranks, derailleurs and rear hub.
Shimano 105 sti's
Shimano Dura ace front hub
Shimano R100 brakes
Mavic MA40 rims
Currently fitted with an mtb cassette, I may have a smaller one for it somewhere.

The chrome finish on the frame and fork has rust showing through, the painted parts of the frame seem to be o.k.
**** EDIT I have since taken a better look and there is some rust in the painted areas too, around the bb shell and headtube. I have added more photos to show the full extent of the rust****
Everything works as it should, the tyres held air well a few years back and weren't perished, it's been stored in the dark in our cellar for a few years so they may sill be fine. I can check this if needed.
****EDIT the tyres do hold air but are just starting to show some cracks. I haven't been able to get this to show in the photos though, the cracks are very narrow and only 1 or 2mm long.****

I am based in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire and would prefer collection, but I would box it up and post within the U.K if needed.

I'm looking £70 for the complete bike, I think it's worth this for the wheels alone, but feel free to haggle if you disagree!

NOW SOLD @£70.
Photos should be visible here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/peX4PEtdTSW7dkrX7

Cheers,

Dave.

@midlife, you could always reverse haggle if you'd prefer?!? :mrgreen:
It doesn't owe me a great deal and I'm happy to see it go to someone who will do more with it than I have managed.

Re:

Must admit sorely tempted but would need postage
How bad is the chrome on the rear triangle ?
Is the seat post free to move ?

I have edited the text and added some more photos.
Sorry for any hassle, I took the pictures this morning just as it was starting to hammer down again so didn't take the time to look at things properly as I wanted to get back in the dry!

peanutcracknell":23laj8oc said:
I have edited the text and added some more photos.
Sorry for any hassle, I took the pictures this morning just as it was starting to hammer down again so didn't take the time to look at things properly as I wanted to get back in the dry!

That's a nice bike for someone at £70 sorry but not for me

Back