Kirk Precision Spares

Re:

Have the replacement hangers been perfected? I just acquired a road frame and a first generation mtb frame NOS. I plan on building them both up, but it would be nice to have some spares.

Thanks in advance!

Re: kirk mech hanger

Does anyone still have the CAD file?
I have sourced a frame but the plastic hanger is missing.
(So is the front hanger, but that is leas of a problem)

Cheers

Re: kirk drawings

Cheers
I know a man with a 3d printer, so will give him a nudge.
This kirk rebuild will be a 2020 project. A couple of others to deal with first

Cheers

After lots of searching I eventually found one :D

I still remember clearly looking through a copy of Cycling Weekly whilst in a maths lesson at school back in 1988 and deciding there and then that i had to have one.

A massive thanks to danson67 for posting up the Cad Files for the Mech Hanger - had one 3d printed within a day of picking up the frame :) I just need to find a bottom bracket sleeve now, or i might just use a threadless BB like the mavic, which would go perfectly with the mavic starfish crank & groupset I have. Although i'm loving the new Di2 build pictured.

I've never seen a red/white one other than on the Tomorrows World clip, does anyone know if this was a factory colour or shall i go for a plain pearl white respray ?

Cheers

Attachments

• Kirk 1.jpg
    Kirk 1.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 500
  • Kirk 2.jpg
    Kirk 2.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 500
Re:

Steve, What's up with the BB shell, then?

I have BB taps to clean up, or if you do go down the Mavic BB route, I also have the 45 degree chamfering tool.

All the best,

Re:

Hi Dan,

There is no insert fitted in the shell. I think i could use a standard "Thread together" BB in the frame as it is as they effective clamp the frame, My slight worry about using the mavic one is i'm not sure if the plain magnesium shell of the frame will be strong enough to take the outward force of the Tapers, But the use of a chamfering tool if i do would be ideal.

Of course if I can find an aluminium BB Sleeve insert that would be ideal. Maybe I could salvage one from a scrap Revolution MTB Frame if i can find one.

Latest posts

Back