Dave Lloyd Frame Register

Hey Neil, Can you tell me anything more about frame LL93701 please? I'm guessing C90, 731OS with 531 forks built for a Sandra in 93 :)

As I got it (for cheap, a long time ago):
qrUskl5.jpg

Why it was cheap:
6Sl13aN.jpg

The massive ding in the top tube has been sorted but the paint was lost in the process, a friend is going to put it back together for me, hopefully he can get another down tube boss stuck on too as otherwise I'm building a fancy 1x

TIA.

Re:

Nice frame!
That post is like a rollercoaster. I was thinking ‘nice paint’, oh no, dent, paint gone... it can be saved! All in about 10 seconds...

Re:

That is absolute classic Dave Lloyd paint.... possibly not my choice of colours but never mind. Argos in Bristol can reproduce that paint... at a cost!

93701 is actually a Lo-Pro C90 what ever that is, it is shown as being made of 731OS, so super nice frame tubes and was indeed made for Sandra Checkley.

Build it any way you fancy, so long as they gets ridden I really don't think it matters what the running gear is. That said, my experience is that good quality / lightweight running gear makes for a better ride.

Re:

Hi,
I recently bought this Dave Lloyd from steel-vintage.com:
https://www.steel-vintage.com/dave-lloy ... ike-detail
and the bike is amazingly pristine - it's like it was never ridden at all. There isn't any wear on the Campy Chorus components, but a little damage to the lettering. I wonder if it's been repainted - I don't have any bikes (even only 4 years old) that look this good.

It's a nice vintage ride for me because it's just a little smaller than my normal bike (i'm 203cm tall).

Anyway, could you let me know if there is any info in the registration on it? The serial seems to be LL90233.

Thanks!

Re:

That looks absolutely amazing... and very tall!

LL90233 is a Concept 90 originally made for Matthew Townsend and constructed from Columbus SLX.

Looking down the register it looks like Dave was favouring SLX and TSX for C90's at the time even though he was also using a lot of Reynolds 653 and 753 for other frames.

You have a really nice frameset there and I'll bet it rides like a dream, well done on a very nice find.

Hi,
I have not been around in a while but I just noticed this post and thought it would be good to see what information you have on the Dave Lloyd MTB I purchased back around 1991.
frame number LL90147

my original post

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34557

Thanks

Re:

What the register says (and there is no mention of the top tube shape) is that LL90147 is listed as an ATB, made for Dave Mitchell and constructed from Reynolds 531ATB.

The register confirms what the frame number says which is that the frame was made in 1990, and as a little added interest it is the 150th frame Dave made.

I hope you can help!
I have a re-sprayed Dave Lloyd lugged road frame, circa sometime in the 80's. As usual the frame number is hard to read, but as far as I can make out its ??89031.
If anyone can help with date, tube spec etc. I would be very grateful.

That's an early one.

LL89031 was made in 1989 and is the 33rd frame in the register. It's a road frame and was originally made for Roger Watson, tubes are Reynolds 653.

Sounds great and I bet it rides really well being made of 653.

Back