Looking for info LH SPECIAL GLOUCESTER

Re: L.H. Special Gloucester.

Haven’t heard of Major Nichols before however this too is also a very plausible builder for the frame

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Nichols[/quote]

That could be very plausible looking at the pic on wiki , still not sure if this bike should be on drops but it’s very comfy to ride with flats ..... some great input on this thread , have to decide what to do with it to preserve it and whether to get it onto drops , looking at the frame it never looks to have had gears down there .

Major Nichols was a frame builder from West Bromwich. His frames were ridden by Ant Taylor, Phil Bayton, Phil Griffiths and other Midland stars in the late 60s early 70s ( and me). You can find out all about him on the Classic Lightweights website.

Re:

Some great info there ! Had a read and if it was a major it says it would have a frame number starting MN , had a quick look and it says NERVEX under the bb, also we thought the logo looked like it was a stick over another , I do r think it is , it’s painted on and the bottom part is part of the same logo, I will email that link Retrospud and see if they know what it is with nervex on the bb.

Re:

Will take a look in daylight tomorrow , think it’s chipped badly, but should be stamped onto the metal ?

Back