GROVE INNOVATIONS X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mel,

Been emailing with the owner...seems that the left dropout has been drilled through and a hacked disc brake adaptor bolted through. The positioning of the holes are in direct line with the seatstay...a terrible placement for the torsional loads placed upon the drop.

I would STRONGLY recommend replacing the dropout before actually riding this bike...DIY jobs like that just create bad juju :(

Likely though, the owner will not disclose this and the buyer won't know any better. Should make for some interesting entertainment.

cheers,

rody

Rody,

Thanks for the details, but actually I weren't really on it. I now definately ran out of money and room I can tell :mrgreen: ..espacially after picking up my 2nd Vitus today :D

For the people who are actually planning to buy this beauty, what would be the best solution? Opting for a dropout twice as thick and still going with discs or having the dropout replaced with a normal one and having U-brake mounts added again? Other?

When weather improves I will definately go out this week to take some nice pics of my Hard Core :cool:

Melvin,

Personally, I'd replace the original U-brake posts and the dropout.

Can a new drop be brazed in with a disc set-up, yeah, but if you want a rear disc that bad buy a new bike :p

cheers,

rody

Back