1995 Team Marin... Shopping Bike

I absolutely love this!

I'm developing a love for the relationship the Dutch have with their bikes and this would fit right in.

Super-cool!

Re:

I bloody love this. I'd be made up to see a 'shopping bike' and then notice the Team Marin lurking underneath.

Re:

This would be a cool bike for a Mountain Mayhem type event, you could load up a picnic and wine and stop halfway for lunch :LOL: or hand out mysyery gifts from the basket to bystanders as you rode around the course.

I won't ask how it handles off road :LOL:

A rear carrier would be good, after all, you don't want yo put all your eggs in one basket do you? :LOL:

Re:

Thanks for all the comments. I have now used it a fair amount; carrying a few beers for a snooker evening and a few ordinary shopping trips. It is comfortable but twitchy. With a load in the box you do need your wits about you as once you’re turning it really wants to carry on turning!

It was the ‘stealth’ aspect of a really nice frame hidden behind a shopping box that inspired me too. There is a gentle off road bridle path near me so I will probably have a go on that at some point, but probably unloaded at first... I’ve not heard of ‘mountain mayhem events before, so if they are an ongoing thing I might be interested, depending on where. I live near Cambridge so not great mountain bike territory unfortunately!

Back