Today's Ride

mkone":2zrotws5 said:
Short but fun ride today.

Even though its the school holidays i havent really had much chance to get out on the bikes.

We went down the side of the steam tracks and into Darley Dale. There we decided to head back through Darley Bridge and the back way across fields back into Matlock. Having reached the bridge i noticed my rear was going flat, so we stopped at the river and had a paddle as the sun had just come out :cool:

After a while i decided to take the easy option and ring someone to collect us :LOL:

Great day as always out with my little girl :D

Cool and heart-warming post. The type of day you remember as the best of fatherhood. :)

Re:

Today-Sunday-A nice 82 F. day for a ride. Met up with my friend Megan and went out and about... :)

Attachments

• On the trail.jpg
    On the trail.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 706
  • Megan and me.jpg
    Megan and me.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 706
  • Megan.jpg
    Megan.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 706
Re:

Today-Tuesday-Nice 85 F. summer day-I got a little more ambitious and headed up towards Tamarancho, the first real climb I've done on my get back in shape regimen. It wasted me, but I did it, so progress in fitness is coming...

Attachments

• Alchemist Trail Head.jpg
    Alchemist Trail Head.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 687
  • Tamarancho Entrance.jpg
    Tamarancho Entrance.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 687
Re:

Today-Wednesday-Cooler out, about 76 F. and sunny. I made it up twice as far as yesterday-progress-about 850' climb...

Attachments

• Foggy on the Bay.jpg
    Foggy on the Bay.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 657
  • At the top.jpg
    At the top.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 657
Re:

Thanks THM-slow but steady. Today-Saturday-Rode with my friend Howard to the top at Tamarancho. About 86 F. and really breezy around Fairfax, with blue skies-However, in the East Bay it looks smoky and hazy because of wildfire smoke blowing down from the North and East of the Bay Area...

Attachments

• Smoky and Hazy today.jpg
    Smoky and Hazy today.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 566
  • Howard offering food.jpg
    Howard offering food.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 566
  • Part way up-Tam in the distance.jpg
    Part way up-Tam in the distance.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 566
The story is too long to tell here, it ran to 2000 words, but the short version is that I joined Joe Breeze as the only other relic from the 1978 Crested Butte to Aspen ride at the 40th anniversary celebration.

Attachments

• CB18a.jpg
    CB18a.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 515
  • CB07a.jpg
    CB07a.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 515
  • CB09a.jpg
    CB09a.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 514
  • CB15a.jpg
    CB15a.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 515
Re:

Today-Tuesday-That was an epic weekend for CK and Joe-good pics! Around here it was about 78 F. and sunny. I went on a loop through Ross, up past Phoenix Lake to Shaver grade, up to five corners and back down to Fairfax. A satisfying ride, as I couldn't have contemplated this much of a ride 7 weeks ago when I started riding again... :)

Attachments

• Church of the Rewoods.jpg
    Church of the Rewoods.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 505
Re:

Today-Thursday-About 68 F. out and breezy-A good day for a climb up to the West of town about 900' with my old friend Gary...

Attachments

• Not a bad view of Tam.jpg
    Not a bad view of Tam.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 454
  • Old Hippies never die....jpg
    Old Hippies never die....jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 454
Re:

Today-Saturday-Coolish 66 F. and breezy. We rode up to the West to the ridge top, right into a stiff breeze from the ocean-makes for a really fast descent on the return, though... :)

Attachments

• Looking East from 800' up.jpg
    Looking East from 800' up.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 369
  • Dry at the top.jpg
    Dry at the top.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 369
Back