Belated Hello

Oldskool13

Old School Hero
I just realised I dived into the forum without introducing myself. How rude.

It's the usual story use to cycle a lot in my younger days, then stopped. Hit 40 and realised I was getting a tad portly, remembered how much I use to enjoy cycling. Bought an entry level MB joined a local club had a giggle and got fitter. Then five years ago had a major health issue and I couldn't ride. I sold the bike because I couldn't stand watching it deteriorate.

Now I'm ok'ish I found myself looking at bikes on Gumtree. I spotted something interesting for £15, so I googled it and Retrobike came up. Acording to the entry from the archives it was the only non BSO Townsend! :LOL: With that I went to look at it, offered £10 and took it away.

So it's all Retrobikes fault!

Buy something via one of the members to ride, and maybe look to do one project at a time.
Otherwise it can get a bit out of hand and you end up with bikes and bits you'll likely never get around to using or fixing. One at a time :cool:

Naturally I dont practise what i preach :oops: Another frame arriving this week. And those new fox forks look nice.......see how it goes. And oh yeah, i need some bits for the clockwork.

Re:

It's a familiar story, pretty much how I found the Retrobike site, that was several years ago now, and many many bikes ago, but it keeps me interested in biking :D

Re:

As above, old bike leads to google, google leads to Retrobike, Retrobike leads to garage full to bursting point with bikes, parts & projects.

No it's not! ! !

Well...

as long as you buy a _real_ boat. Something with a pool on top. It's easy to find one that cost more than my bikes did. :facepalm:

Oh! And welcome to the club!

Thias":v8xdwnzp said:
No it's not! ! !

Well...

as long as you buy a _real_ boat. Something with a pool on top. It's easy to find one that cost more than my bikes did. :facepalm:

Oh! And welcome to the club!

BOAT stands for Break Out Another Thousand :LOL:

Just buy the one bike you always wanted bitd but could not have and be happy with that. ;)

Latest posts

Back