Brifters

RobMac

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Which model of br/ifter levers did Shimano first introduce that had both the brake & gear cables running along the bars (droops) and not across the gap between the hoods, 9 speed & canti brakes compatible BTW.

According to a google search
Until Shimano changed the design of their brake calipers and their brake levers’ cable pull ratio, every cable actuated road brake lever was compatible with every road brake caliper including cantilever brakes.
Shimano made this change when they went to their SLR-EV brake architecture. Rather than list out what Shimano group generations are made for SLR-EV, and which ones are for the traditional brakes, there is a very easy way to understand which levers work with each type of brake. If the shift cables go under the handlebar tape, the lever is made to work with SLR-EV brakes. If the shift cable is exposed coming out of the shifter, this lever is made for traditional brakes.

It was with the 10 speed groups:
Dura Ace 7900
Ultegra 6700
105 5700

If I understand the question!

Re:

What it is is my touring bike its fitted with droops and I'm struggling to get my Ortlieb bar bag fitted because because the cables are getting in the way.

Re:

All I can find is 10 speed. Unless you go for modern Sora?

Must be something else :?

Re: Re:

RobMac":1l4po1f1 said:
What it is is my touring bike its fitted with droops and I'm struggling to get my Ortlieb bar bag fitted because because the cables are getting in the way.
V-brake noodles Or rollamajig.
Plugged straight into the cable port on the lever.

My wife's training bike has been like this 2 or 3 years.

Re:

Not all 10 speed. Durace 7800, Ultergra 6600 and 105 5600 didn't have gear cables internally routed along handlebars.

Agreed, it was 'washing lines' for all generations before 10 speed, with the change relatively recently (and well into the 10-speed era).

Back