Kona's page

Here's mine, its my daily commuter as my route takes in canal towpaths and country lanes. Forks have lighter oil and a modified SSV valve to help liven them up, the cranks have changed, gearing swapped to 32-16 from 38-18, and shorter 70mm stem have been swapped since the pic was taken.

Attachments

• 37581801706_de9c5f98b5_z.jpg
    37581801706_de9c5f98b5_z.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 663
Alum Inum Anok":1995r089 said:
Can no one advise me on shocks for my old Muni Mula?

Alum Inum Anok":1995r089 said:
Is it worth fixing XCR'S or finding bomber's, or something else?

Either - depends on you. If you want originality then recon the XCR's - if you want a bit more plushness, get some bombers with around 60-80mm travel

Re:

Thanks for the reply.

Can I use any bombers with that travel or do I need retro ones?

Could swap both XCR's and Rockshox Revelations if any one has some in good nick.

Re:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=376155

Anything with up to 80mm travel will work.... its actually the "Axle to Crown" measurement that is critical
p4pb13351684.jpg

Re:

Even though it's a threaded stem? I was going to try and make the rockshox work but think the stem is too short and will need to change everything else too. Thanks for your help so far

Without knowing the specifics of the RockShox, i expect them to be modern, long travel forks (130mm and over?), so will SEVERELY impact the handling of the bike, to the point that you could consider them not usable on your bike (not to mention the front brake issue).
That, and the fact that you will need a new headset and stem to convert to AHead from threaded and quill, if you did want an upgrade over the old XCR's to something a bit more usable and quality, you may as well sell the RockShox and find some shorter travel bombers, like the ones I linked to earlier

These can also be made to run canti brakes which I am assuming you Muni Mula is running

Re:

Yeah it's on canti's I had the xcr's serviced once not realising it needed doing regularly but they didn't seem to come back as they should have. Little resistance and soon just went soft. As you may have guessed I'm by no means an expert and didn't think it seemed worth getting them serviced again or paying for stuff to do it myself, but I may be wrong. I would probably prefer some better shocks like bombers but money at the moment limits what I can do. was just looking at price of straight blade rigids to swap for those bombers you linked.

Is self servicing cheap and simple?

Back