The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donnay carbon frame, 56cm

Hi folks,
Recently unearthed from a friend's garage where it's been hiding for years now. A 56cm Donnay branded carbon tubed, alloy lugged road frame. Obviously it wasn't made by Donnay and has been stickered layer - but it looks very much like a Look frame that I used to race in the mid 90s. It's in a natural carbon finish with lacquer over the top layer.

As far as I can tell it's never been build up but it has a few scratched in the lacquer from storage and transport. The seatpost binder bolt looks untouched and hasn't seized while the BB shell threads look as though they've never seen action. No fork or headset, but all cable guides are present and correct, as are the DT gear bosses/STI adjuster mounts.

I'll try to get pics up later when my camera and laptop kiss and make up. Any opinions as to likely value?

Cheers, Gareth.

Re: Rockshox Mag 20

albash82":2ka3tyye said:
Any idea how much these'd are worth?
They were re-sprayed red in 1994 and haven't really been used since.
Crown has small chip, as does canti hanger. Don't really move much so spares or re-furb.

Spares or Repairs MAG20's, well I've seen them for sale as that for 10 or 15 pound delivered. Delivery for a 3 to 4lb object (take the crown of and invert to save box space) will probably take a chunk of that total though.

Probably best using it as a karma gift when the need arises.

Sunn Xcircuit, no idea of the age, no idea what its worth.

17/18"

Small ammount of rust arround the BB area, ive wire wool'ed the worst off but havent the time/paitience to get it all off. The rest of the frame is slightly less shiny than it could be and has marks were stickers have been. Maybe a job for some brasso and elbow greese.

Anly the frame/fork/headset are icluded, everything else is well beyond reasnoble use.

2959455160_83d2610c3c.jpg

2958592745_367136844d.jpg

2958592739_900bd9ed8b.jpg

1995 fsr

so how much is this worth? 1995 fsr with spox wheels, bike is mint could use a fork rebuild but shifs great, fun bike to ride let me know, might be taking offers as well
jay

Attachments

• bike1.JPG
    bike1.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 1,692
Re: Rockshox Mag 20

FluffyChicken":1ar558v0 said:
albash82":1ar558v0 said:
Any idea how much these'd are worth?
They were re-sprayed red in 1994 and haven't really been used since.
Crown has small chip, as does canti hanger. Don't really move much so spares or re-furb.

Spares or Repairs MAG20's, well I've seen them for sale as that for 10 or 15 pound delivered. Delivery for a 3 to 4lb object (take the crown of and invert to save box space) will probably take a chunk of that total though.

Probably best using it as a karma gift when the need arises.

not mine to give m'afraid..
my bro has requested i put them up for sale so they are.

Re: 1995 fsr

jhand":2plm33be said:
so how much is this worth? 1995 fsr with spox wheels, bike is mint could use a fork rebuild but shifs great, fun bike to ride let me know, might be taking offers as well
jay

The front fork, if in good condition, will usually get you between $150 and $200 (USD)

The first gen FSRs usually get between $175 and $300 (USD) again depending on condition...of course.

Re: 1995 fsr

slimpee":1i87imd6 said:
GoldenEraMTB":1i87imd6 said:
The front fork, if in good condition, will usually get you between $150 and $200 (USD)
Is they worth any more if they're attached to a Klein-specific steerer (22" frame)?

Depends...if it's for the os tubing, then maybe...but not if the Klein owner has the original rigid fork. Would be best to place it with a high reserve until that Klein owner comes along, otherwise, it might not get you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back