Airborne 2000 Lucky Strike DB Rebuild

Tis done ... :cool: and has been for quite a while ... :LOL:

It gets used, but not massively so. Enough to kill (aesthetically :-() a chain after a training ride on a salty road about this time last year - I did wonder if the salt water and the Ti sprockets had caused some sort of galvanic reaction.

It's nice, fast and responsive - but it hurts my arse ... :LOL:

30 miles makes me draw similarities to getting bummed of an elephant, as a comparison I can do 100+ on the ISM on my tri bike and feel like my ring has been kissed by angles ... :LOL:

I know I owe photos, but I kind of got a bit busy with tri, including (re)building a full carbon bike - my quickest build yet :shock: :LOL:

WD :D

Making changes to this bike now to suit how I ride it / what it gets used for :D

King Ti cage on Xlab bracket, all the fixtures are brushed Ti :

The old double frame cages are gone and now live on the other halfs road bike :D

Custom carbon mounts for NiteIze lights with brushed Ti fixtures :

These things are really eye catching at night and don't stand out during the day, they blend into the bike really well and it doesn't look like a bike with lights on :cool:

New boots and new branding :

The X king race sports were swapped out in favour of Race Kings protections for a few reasons :

• X Kings could get a bit squirmy on fast road descents - race kings have smaller side knobs and more of them so I am hoping it improves ...

• Race king protection is faster than the x king race sport and only a tiny bit slower than a race king race sport.

• Protection has a much tougher side wall and is much more suited to tubeless than the race sport.

• I managed to get the silver logo version too which suits the bike really well :cool:

Just a little bit of cleaning up then ... :LOL:

The X Kings that came off :

They are now in the for sale section if anyone's interested ... ? (with a new 2.4 race sport SL) ;-)

This is one of my favorite threads. However, is this now a rebuild of the rebuild that we never saw a complete picture of? :?

Thinking about it, yeah it might be ... :LOL:

Anyhow, I think it looks better now then when it was first built. Weather permitting, I'm due out on it again this week on a 38 mile hilly road ride with the misses breaking her in (the misses, not the bike :LOL:) so I will try and snap a few pics :D

Here you go, taken today at the bike mount line on the Ironman UK course :

Just the bottle pulled out for the picture.

A Polar V650 is normally mounted above the stem but the brackets Ti and it's gone off to be blasted to match the other blasted bits a bit better (it was natural / lightly brushed).

The picture doesn't really do the bike justice, it needs lots of close ups for that ... ;-) If I ever get a min I will get some done ... :D

38 miles on it today with a max of 38 mph. The new speed king tyres suit my riding much better - they roll really well and are much more stable on fast tarmac corners :D

Back