Hi and erm, is this considered retro?

Hermit

Retro Guru
Hi, found this forum after someone told me about it, thought I'd have a look and it looks interesting, this is something I got recently, I've seen some discussions on it on the mtbr forums and I think someone else on here was part of that too, so thought I'd join this one....

Attachments

• GC01.jpg
    GC01.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,066
that was me ;)

think the other poster came on here the other day leadsled70

nice , should have mine finished in the next few weeks

Wasn't sure if you'd think it old enough or tell me to leave cos it's full suspension?

:D It's a 1996 Specialized Ground Control AIM A1 Comp, AIM stands for Active Independent Mechanism - yeah I never knew either, but it's written on the swingarm.

Hi SLIM recognise the name, and leadsled, it's a surprisingly good ride, it's in vgc not being used much, all original parts and stickers intact, everything still functions, had to replace the odd gear and brake cable. After being used to V-brakes for so long I'm surprised how well those old cantis work! :shock: even came with a 'new' unused set of tyres one of them being a Farmer John's Nephew?

Came up in a local ebay search, I was only looking for something to use for the winter instead of my fully rigid '93 Hardrock Ultra, something with front forks as I'm used to my Heckler on the rough stuff. This fits the bill just fine, takes the sting out the trail.

Back