1994 Merlin Titanium

don't think most here are overly concerned about safety given we are ridding mountain bikes nearly quarter century old! :LOL:

tbh, if you haven't already gathered, my merlin is more of the "road warrior" of my collection. it's seen more pavement than dirt. :oops: so i'm not too concerned about any "failures" with the fork.

i'll have to disagree. a Syncros Powerlite fork would have probably been pretty sweet on a Merlin. i had a 1" Powerlite when i initially got my Merlin and would have slapped that on and gave it a try, but the steerer was too short. i debated having it extended longer for the Merlin:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=88076

in the end i decided not to and so i sadly sold it on and looked long and hard for an alternative before scoring the Bontrager composite.

RockiMtn":2jfsyrjj said:
don't think most here are overly concerned about safety given we are ridding mountain bikes nearly quarter century old! :LOL:

I was trying to say that exactly in my post, but couldn't figure out the correct wording, and also didn't want to offend anyone :)

the single gold outer always irked my OCD, so finally found a replacement champagne one to match the two inner rings. :D

now if only i could source that elusive Ibis mountain quill stem so i can go back to titanium. :?

Attachments

• DSC03390.JPG
    DSC03390.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 853
  • DSC03388.JPG
    DSC03388.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 853
Re:

actually not really. i mounted the outer ring a few weeks back. only managed to inflate the tyres and take the photos to share earlier today. not only do i still not have much time, the heatwave is back in the GTA and it's just to hot and humid to be out riding. :(

finally… possibly the last piece i need to the puzzle! :D should get me back to the white flite gel saddle and syncros ti post on the build! ;)

Attachments

• DSC05986.JPG
    DSC05986.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 570
  • DSC05987.JPG
    DSC05987.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 570
Hi,

Very nice bike with great components, the fork is perfect with a ti merlin ti frame.

I m buying a frame like yours : can you tell me if the front derailleur is 28.6 or 31.8 ?

Re:

Beautiful build. The Ibis stem and Syncros ti post will suit the bike nicely.

Great work!

mats16rcgti":bs278tk1 said:
I m buying a frame like yours : can you tell me if the front derailleur is 28.6 or 31.8 ?
mine takes a 34.9mm. good luck with the purchase and build! ;)

Mr.Toad":bs278tk1 said:
Beautiful build. The Ibis stem and Syncros ti post will suit the bike nicely.
Great work!
i've installed the latest stem, but waiting for warmer spring weather before taking new set of photos to share. ;)

Latest posts

Back