Canadians - Who got the Kona in Hamilton?

Baulz

BoTM Winner
This bike popped up on Kijiji in Hamilton last week, I messaged the seller a couple times. Second time was to offer more than his asking price, he wanted $150 in the ad! To me it looks just like the Roland Green ti bike, am I wrong?

Attachments

• $_273.jpg
    $_273.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 978
  • $_272.jpg
    $_272.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 976
  • $_271.jpg
    $_271.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 976
  • $_27.jpg
    $_27.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 981
Wow, it's a team issue for sure: a 97 Hei Hei rasta flames with the cable stop and drop-outs. It's too small for Roland, he rode 19" as far as I can tell and this looks 18". It's got of the era Z2's, but not the team issue special custom green coloured ones.

It's clearly been used in anger and would have some proper good history as these were generally ridden by the A team. Whoever got it, kudos and please can we have some proper pictures!!

Re:

Yet another fine example of the deals to be found on kijiji!
I will admit that I am addicted to thw App, checking my saved searches numerous times a day. Thing is though, you've gotta be quick, and I've learned long ago not to dicker over the price until there in person.

What a beauty that is! There was one very similar sold on Ebay recently?

I have seen the custom Rasta paint job on Aluminum, Ti and steel.

:cool: great frame - maybe with some history - good kit on it; most of it race spec. of that area (except stem and bar). Interesting detail - front brake layout is half XT and XTR :)

If I where you I would buy it and restore it to its former XC race glory - but I'm Kona addicted :LOL:

Re:

Hey guys, I am sorry to hijack this thread about a Kona, however I am looking for retro enthusiasts in Ontario as I have a special bike I would like to let go. I have a '96 Salsa A La Carte in columbus steel, black with jelly beans, bought new at Brauns in Kitchener that year. It's mint, hasn't been ridden since early 2000's, just oiled and cleaned once a year in the garage. has a few replacement parts like the forks (Judy XC 100mm instead of bontrager switch blades) and seat (specialized instead of selle italia), but mostly original. Ritchey stem, 3TTT bars, XT groupo with V brake's. If you guys know anyone interested, please reply back. I'm up in Muskoka, 1.5 hrs north of Toronto on hwy 11.

Cheers!

Back