Kona Hahanna 98

saccades

Devout Dirtbag
Nothing too exciting, but nice enough to keep - saved from the skip - my brother's old bike #1 (#2 is the Trek Y3 thread).

Pretty sure everything is original (added barends I guess), not in bad condition apart from where it's been badly stacked on a bike rack.

Plan is to swap the better stuff from the Y3 to replace the aceraX level stuff on the Hahanna and get a quill adapter to run a slightly more modern stem/fork combo I have hanging around. Will take 2-3 weeks as time and space is at a premium atm.

Long term it'll be a nippers play bike, short term it'll be a pub/holiday bike with slicks.

P1090903_zpsf9vvshiz.jpg

P1090888_zpsjdxdwah3.jpg

P1090900_zpsqwuwqyo6.jpg

P1090912_zpss0s4cilc.jpg

P1090897_zps5mcmdilt.jpg

P1090892_zpstsuhrzxr.jpg

P1090896_zpst3cqnsfs.jpg

edit: Spelling/bike model.

Re:

Cheers, thought it was a 97, which was a more "deep purple" and ordered some white tyres :unsure:

Cleaned up the seatpost and swapped the brakes over before I had to go sledging with the kids. :xmas-big-grin:

P1160915_zpsr5ithvic.jpg

Have some period (ish) easton stuff to go once the quilladaptor shows up.

Yeah, I agree - I might stick them on the wife's tiny inbred and steal her Geax Roadsters which are similar but in black.

Will see if it looks as bad once the tyres have been used a bit.

Re:

I like the white tyres! Red/black/white looks good. Black seatpost & chainset would look great :cool:

superstu":204fan0z said:
Black would be much better. I'd also look for a black seatpost

I am - think I scared a seller off as I'm in ireland, but use parcelmotel (uk address) to make deliveries generally cheaper.

At least, he's not gotten back to me after the last pm :oops:

Re:

3' torque wrench and a gallon of penetrating oil. :D

Most of the drive chain swopped over - waiting on some matching brake levers and a black seatpost. Fitted the chain before I fitted the front mech :oops: - wee bit carried away.

P2060946_zpsnwymwajh.jpg

Rear Mech is bashed, but the jockey wheels are in brilliant condition.

P2060940_zpskbmy4vhb.jpg

P2060943_zps1zvdffhc.jpg

P2060937_zps27vk7qaz.jpg

Really starting to like the white tyres - missus hates them :cool:

Not much more to do but need the brake levers to show up before I can finish up cables etc.

Back