On One Parkwood

Re:

Looks great there mate :cool:

So you are more stretched out then? Does it feel like a better riding position?

I like it. You probably wouldn't mate! Is a bit more stretched with the seatpost layback and stem a bit longer, but only half an inch or so. I like modern bikes as I am quite long and like the long top ubes of modern bikes. Jumping on my trekker when I do feels like a shopping bike. Both good though in their own way of course.

I started biking properly in mid/late 90s and was never fit enough to be a real XC racer so not a big fan of the straight back, head down feel, so it's what I'm used to. Still need to keep the seatpost a little lower for the knee instead of at a proper full extension so that is why it looks a little upright.

Re:

I started this thread a year and a bit ago and one of my first ride write ups was about the nightrider race at Haldon. Well a year later...

Bit muddier this year. No in race pics.. It's a night race in the dark so no time for that. Only 20km but hard work. 140 competitors. Guess I was in the middle somewhere but results not out yet.

Anyway, trimmed the bars to something around 750mm wide which is better for me. Mud tyres are the best invention since the wheel. Love em. Specialized storm if you were wondering.

Rubbish pics sorry

Latest posts

Back