Computer help

computerbitz":2f7zfmq4 said:
kaiser":2f7zfmq4 said:
computerbitz":2f7zfmq4 said:
kaiser":2f7zfmq4 said:
Cheers folks ran a network scan thing and I don't think I've got one. Any pitfalls when buying?

you connecting through Cable (Virgin aand similar) or BT line

BT line

you got the wireless modem yet or looking at buying one if got one what make and model is it

internal wireless pci and exertnal usb makes no odds what one but the type of router/modem and card speed you got does as we have 802.11 b, g and n defining difference is speed and connections the router modem accepts so if you got a mimo enabled router (multi in multi out = more lanes on the motor way to enable faster speeds ) it makes no sense getting a standard one that wont use all lanes if you understand what i mean.

things to ask how many computers and consoles connecting to it and also what they are going to be doing are you a heavy downloader or not

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: errr... i've got one its a blue one :? :LOL: could be a Thomson? ST585 and one computer

kaiser":3nttbc3r said:
computerbitz":3nttbc3r said:
computerbitz":3nttbc3r said:
Cheers folks ran a network scan thing and I don't think I've got one. Any pitfalls when buying?

you connecting through Cable (Virgin aand similar) or BT line

BT line

you got the wireless modem yet or looking at buying one if got one what make and model is it

internal wireless pci and exertnal usb makes no odds what one but the type of router/modem and card speed you got does as we have 802.11 b, g and n defining difference is speed and connections the router modem accepts so if you got a mimo enabled router (multi in multi out = more lanes on the motor way to enable faster speeds ) it makes no sense getting a standard one that wont use all lanes if you understand what i mean.

things to ask how many computers and consoles connecting to it and also what they are going to be doing are you a heavy downloader or not

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: errr... i've got one its a blue one :? :LOL: could be a Thomson? ST585 and one computer

this one

ST-585v6_fr.jpg

if so any wifi card or dongle could do it if its new why not take back and swap for a bundle they dont get the best reviews

user reviews
http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/Product_ ... uf=Thomson

You're right mixed reviews, :? got it for free from my ISP.

kaiser":1tv05w5h said:

tbh if its free thats the best kind but if was me i would invest a lil and bang that on the bay should get about £35-30 for it, this will then allow you to go get something a lil better if was me i would go for a MIMO setup as its gives increased spead and greater wifi coverage you can get a decent setup for aroud £65 for the router/modem and a usb dongle kit if want to keep limited budget and get a dongle any will do and only looking around £10-18 for the card or dongle then.

computerbitz":2ns3u57t said:
kaiser":2ns3u57t said:

tbh if its free thats the best kind but if was me i would invest a lil and bang that on the bay should get about £35-30 for it, this will then allow you to go get something a lil better if was me i would go for a MIMO setup as its gives increased spead and greater wifi coverage you can get a decent setup for aroud £65 for the router/modem and a usb dongle kit if want to keep limited budget and get a dongle any will do and only looking around £10-18 for the card or dongle then.

Cool limited budget it is :LOL: the only reason I pursued it was because I got rid of the hall carpet and need to get rid of the cable now.

kaiser":1otbsycl said:
computerbitz":1otbsycl said:
kaiser":1otbsycl said:

Cool limited budget it is :LOL: the only reason I pursued it was because I got rid of the hall carpet and need to get rid of the cable now.

check out http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/spec ... ?NOV-54USB then

Back