1992 offroad proflex 862

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
never ridden one, always wanted one, so eventually......ive built one :D

shake down ride tomorrow, unfortunelty local route only as i cant make settle - malham ride :(

built up with bits from other builds that ive done with etc and spares box, and a few new to me bits, especially the 50p rockring from mark :cool:

pics

going to retrofit a different elastomer/spring? set up on the rear and if it rides nice eventually a full refurb later.

good to see it built and ready to ride .

how tall are you ? that frame was huge !

6ft2..........ish lol, finally got a proper post and tbh most of its buried in the frame. rides really nice, got some new rubbers coming next week to soften the rear end up a bit.

test ride today went well, 22ish miles and the only faults (other than me) were the shit pedals, and realising that a 3ft kicker in the woods that used to be 2ft high sends mr longun very high and very scared!!!! that and 12-28 and 28 38 48 biopace rings require leg muscles...........;)

during the ride, lighter than my 30lb modern bike, easier to lift over the bloody gates

all muddy, but still in one piece!!!

DICKO10":17zuzz1g said:
Looks well dude glade I could help out with parts

no woories dude :D

although the mongoose may be sold now...........this is kinda cooler .......and larger :mrgreen:

Hi, can you tell me what size elastomer you have used on your 862?

Thank you as well as the supplier i have the same bike and need to fix it.

Latest posts

Back