Hurrycat Vorace front forks wanted

bobinessex

Retro Newbie
Starting my new project. I'm going for a different sprung front end this time, so I'm seeking some Hurrycat Vorace front forks.

You have chosen to go after one of the rarest forks out there! It won't be easy (maybe some of the french forum members can help you, they do pop-up sometimes on some french sites). I got mine off french e-bay (and it needs a bunch of work), not easy to deal with the seller sometimes... Also bear in mind that even in the full carbon version those forks aren't that light (around 1500 grams without the shock! who the hell gives a fork spec weight without the shock? Hurrycat Vorace does!). Other than that it's the only linkage fork that offers a luxurious 100mm of travel option (standard 80mm), Parafork aside...
Good luck!

Re:

Yea, I know ! I'm like that, it's fun to try and do something that's a bit out of the ordinary. I've managed to get hold of left and right hand Gatorbrake 8 pot calipers for the front brakes !! On the trial of a pair of Equalizer 2 Dt Swiss shocks. Gawd knows what else I might end up trying to incorporate !

"I've managed to get hold of left and right hand Gatorbrake 8 pot calipers for the front brakes !!"
In that case I guess you're not too concerned with weight, more of a downhill-y setup? What frame are you going for?

Re:

Looked at all the weird ones, started with the Nicolai, but it's pure luck if you come across one of those for sale. So far, my interest is in either a Scott Gambler DH20, or a GT Fury aluminium. But,knowing me, I might just stumble across something weird, and buy it.

Not exactly retro frames though... GT STS DH are quite popular (as a retro frame) with this kind of fork. Also I'm not sure how the geometry would work out with modern downhill frame with a (somewhat retroish fork with only 100mm travel, axle to crown distance might be too short on the Hurrycat Vorace = wonky geometry on a modern downhill rig).
I've also seen Mountain Cycle San Andreas frames with this fork as well.

Mine :

18669461844_2fb550d34e_c.jpg

18671384333_0a6fd27127_c.jpg

If you find a carbon Vorace, I am agree to exchange my alloy for your carbon, + money.

I also manage to put left and right disk caliper for front brake, I think it would be possible with adapters on Spinergy hubs..

...and talking about exotic part, I dream to have Shimano Airlines air shifting on it, so if you seen one for sale at a reasonnable price, alert me !

Re:

That's good bike, I'm sure there's another one on Retro Bike. I'm probably going to go for an aluminium version, I doubt if a carbon one will come along. Until I look at them, not sure how I'm going to fit the twin caliper mounts. I'm thinking about cutting of the original fork ends, and making up some new ones in my workshop, and fit these to the fork ends. If you hear of a fork for sale, let me know.

I think that the bracket you're showing from Amazon could work but I find it very lacking in the looks department. I'm thinking something in machined aluminum like a Look Fournales disc adapter (would be a custom job unfortunately). I do have a couple of extra Look Fournales disc mounts... Unfortunately the fork leg diameter is much bigger on the Hurrycat Vorace! :(

Latest posts

Back