Malcolm Elliots 753 Raleigh Track Bike

Can't see it myself.

I think this sold a couple of years back from a bike shop in Edinburgh. They made the same claim.

It looks like an E or an F. Right hand side of the BB as you look at the picture?

Not a lot of provenance though

Shaun

Can't see that, just thought it was the end of the frame size (58.5)

Might be my crappy monitor!!

The initials on Raleigh team bikes normally replave the usual SB number??

Provenance is a little poor - picture of the man with a bike in a different colour scheme!!!

Ah yes, its .5 , tricky to see on my tablet. Smack in the place where the size is stamped.

Nothing to do with Mr Elliot then IMHO.

The riders initials and the number of the frame built for that season would be on the BB where the SBDU number usually resides, slipped my mind as it obviously did the seller lol

Still looks nice though.

Shaun

Re:

It is a rareish lo-pro SBDU frame/bicycle, BB not stamped with ME, and Malcolm Elliott never rode (as far as I recall) in Banana colours - only in Weinmann colours (for Raleigh).

And to be totally correct, didn't Banana bikes have Dura Ace groupsets* ? This bike has a Shimano decal on the chainstay (which is correct for Banana livery) but has a Campagnolo chainset and headset!!!

So definitely not Malcolm Elliott's bike (he stopped riding Raleighs in 1985).

Jon.

*rhetorical question - they did have DA.

Re: Re:

roadking":3hpj2adn said:
It is a rareish lo-pro SBDU frame/bicycle, BB not stamped with ME, and Malcolm Elliott never rode (as far as I recall) in Banana colours - only in Weinmann colours (for Raleigh).

And to be totally correct, didn't Banana bikes have Dura Ace groupsets* ? This bike has a Shimano decal on the chainstay (which is correct for Banana livery) but has a Campagnolo chainset and headset!!!

So definitely not Malcolm Elliott's bike (he stopped riding Raleighs in 1985).

Jon.

*rhetorical question - they did have DA.
It does say it's been resprayed in Banana from Weinmann colours originally.

Matt_wood55":21a5hvpf said:

I am aware of that, you've quoted my post, did you not read it :facepalm: ?

Jon.

roadking":1eu3ei6o said:
Matt_wood55":1eu3ei6o said:

I am aware of that, you've quoted my post, did you not read it :facepalm: ?

Jon.
Yep, still can't see any reference to respray though?!

First year Raleigh Banana's were Campag equipped.

It's just a confusing frame. It could well have been Elliotts, but unless there is paper work it's rather an outlandish claim.

Back