Retro madness on ebay

You are all individuals....

I know it's a bit Pythonesque - but what happens when everyone uses a sniper???? Does the computer spin a digital bottle...??? :shock:

Neil

I've done some looking into that question - and I think the answer is, when you set up a snipe, you have to chose your "highest maximum bid," just like in Ebay. I think the person with the highest maximum bid plus the quickest snipe, wins the auction.

The ebay rules and regulations say its "all part of the game." I think its crap. Perhaps eventually, it will be outlawed, but sniping probably increases revenues for them.

whatever makes the maximum £/$ makes ebay happy. so sniping is fair game to them & will doubtfull ever be outlawed.

Interesting that PayPal is an Ebay Co too.. They're hardly the Altruists eh..

i find it handy to add things to the sniper that i am likely to forget ie a cd i wouldnt mind getting if it finishes at 50p and if i get outbid then its no problem.its also very handy if you are bidding on something that finishes at 3am or some inpracticle time,ie you are at work.no point moaning about it,if you cant beat em join em :)

I can see the attraction, especially being the global nocturnalist living down here..

Benefits:
You can catch the items that end during the night..
You never pay over the odds..
Outsnipe the Snipers?

Drawbacks:
Can potentially snipe a RetroBiker.. :?
You never pay over the odds.. :LOL:

Back