not a ride bewteen all of these!

So I guess your fetish is buying pretty frames and worrying about parts later then ?

About half of my 10 or so bikes are ridable. I have a couple of NOS bikes so they'll never see the dirt. A couple are in the loooong process fo being painted (I like to wait for hot, sunny days to add another coat). A couple are waiting for 'that finishing touch' to come up on Fleabay (or similar).

I just tend to ride the '04 Stumpy on XC rides. It's the most enjoyable to ride anyway!

Retrobikeguy, yeah got a soft spot for the frames, i'm after another IF either a Ti or 953, cos in my tiny confused mind, when i got the frame i convince myself that i got another bike in the collection!! only i forget about the lush parts that i want to build it up with, have a little push on the parts list, then start looking for another frame??

I wouldn't mind riding to work during the winter but:
I'm not using the Ritchey
The full suss would be silly
The distance is too far for the Bonty SS
The Colnago, like the P20 is too special to use in bad weather.
So it'll be the car then ;)

Alan,

I've tried reaching deep into my heart to feel bad for you and the dilemma you face...but I just can't :p

Good looking stable.

As for a new bike, I'd wait a bit on 953, still a LOT of debate as to the best methods for fabrication.

I'd love to build one up myself, just hard to shellout $400 for supplies for a delivery date of "3-4 weeks, maybe".

cheers,

rody

Just been reading that Dave Yates has built up a fillet 953, with good first impressions on fatigue life.

But agree, my sympathy with the no ride bit is not coming easy!!

Back