My first upload. 1996 Claud Butler Enduro

£100 is a bit pricey :LOL: People seem to see the name Claud Bulter and think it's worth money. There is a lot of Claud's on there at the moment, and if they offered postage on them I would have alot more than two.

When they moved production to Taiwan, I think it was a big mistake. The whole Falcon company should have stayed because they were some of the best in my opinion, and although they do still make some good frames, they're not quite the same.

Claud Butler

I agree, UK bike production went the same way as the motor industry.
Soon as Triumph motorcycles went, everyone wanted one.
Lack of imagination, no faith in, or care about a quality product, asset stripping, bean counting management, whatever the reasons, the fast buck always wins. Morgan cars seemed to get it right, and it's good to see the likes of Hope and Orange emerging with some success.
Maybe our CB's are the best of the old school British MTB's.
Was in Ellis Briggs yesterday, they had a'70's Hetchin's frame hanging up for sale at £1,500, and it was a one colour plain one at that.
Our CB's might not be appreciating assets, but I'd rather enjoy mine as a liability than let it go to the scrap man only to see it come back and haunt me, reincarnated as an Apollo in Halfords.

Morgan is a great example! :D They don't seem to have changed a thing since the good old days.
If I ever get another ones these, (but higher end model) I was thinking of using Hope and Use components to build it up, to show off some british product, obviously with a Shimano drivetrain.

kingoffootball":3qub0bt3 said:
Based in Cleethorpes? If you can make it up to Hull area for a ride sometime you can join the Butler Brigade with me and Jill Sandwich

I know mine's too recent, but it was a bargain, almost NOS condition and it rides nicely enough.

I wouldn't mind an early Cape Wrath though ....

'Bulter Brigade', LOVE IT! :LOL:

I used to ride to Hull quite frequently, infact my first 60+ mile ride was to there. I have a 2005 Cape Wrath, but would also love an early 90's one. In total I have 8 Falcons (inc. the Claud Butlers and an Elwsick), and most of my purchases are based on the company's history.

Re:

Bought one of these when I was 15, that was in 1996, Great bikes, although it threw me down a mountain once :)

Re:

I have a Claud Butler Kylami. Maybe 4 years older based on the equipment of mine, but a very similar bike.

It's nice, if unremarkable. A well-made, reliable bike, and very conservatively designed. It will be a great tourer when the weather improves.

Latest posts

Back