1998 Scott Endorphin

Sam R

Devout Dirtbag
Hi, after a bit of advice with regards to value of a '98 Scott Endorphin Pro. This was my race bike back in the day and saw 2 seasons of use. It's virtually all the original XT kit, including coil RS Judy XCs, with a few exceptions. It has the second generation of "soft-tail" carbon/thermoplastic frame that was pretty radical at the time. Scott claimed that the rear end flexed up to 1/2" to provide a non-sprung form of shock absortion, Unfortunately they didn't really specify in which direction it flexed ;) No, really it is not too flexy - it just feels soft compared to a taught steel frame. It is in good conditon, being looked after and virtually unriddden for the last 4-5 years.

Basically, are these bikes desireable for retro-mtb fans and if so is anyone interested? It's got a degree of sentimental value to me so if I sell, I would like it to be to an enthusiast and I'm not too keen on whoring it off on ebay to some scally (a generalisation but you get my point).

Thanks for any advice.

sunchaser":3frts7ts said:
:cool: Testing mtb's for mbi... how'd you get that gig?

I didnt do it loads. The then editor lived a few miles from me, met him riding on the mountain, back then it was very rare to find people cycling on the mountain near cwmcarn!
The scott was 1 of those weird rides, stiff in the b.bracket but surprisingly smooth on rough DHs, pretty light too.

I remember that review!!! Loved the look of the bike, never saw one in the flesh, but I'd definately have one now... :D No idea what one'd be worth though :?

Hmmm... how much dya want for it?
Could really do with the left hand lever, but I guess running one upside down isn't the end of the world...

:)

edit: oops - sorry for spamming up the thread - should really have sent a pm I guess :oops:

I rode one, and i'm sorry i hated it. It seemed dead and flexy(laterally) :(
It wasn't as responsive as an M2 or light and pingy like the trek carbons. Might have been just me though. ;)

we had one as a demo bike when we were scott dealers... not bad machines... certainly looked quite cool... as for value, ive not got the foggiest, sorry!

Back