1998 FSR Extreme - colour updated

Re:

Started the strip down today in between cars

3DA23538-4D01-4ABB-9019-A0D70331D1A4_zpszlfrizbo.jpg

Removed saddle

95AF75EF-D8A0-4706-B5DE-028746DEF29A_zpsvrajvwxv.jpg

Removed all cables and handle bars, brakes

06AA2AEA-F038-4E29-B395-F200A08D8A18_zpsqfpp1atd.jpg

Wheels removed and it looking very sorry for itself (I have got a bike stand and will put it on it when she comes back from the powder coasters)

So tomorrow I will remove the cranks, bottoms bracket, removed the headset bearings, front and rear shocks, and start blanking off holes. I will be weighing the bike before it's goes to see how much the powder coating weighs, having looked at the items that have come back does look like he puts in on that thick.

Re:

Well continued the strip down today

This is my home weld of a butchered a2z adaptor, a bit crude looking at present but will file and clean it up before powder coating happens

Need to find out where to get bushes for the end or go bearings not sure yet

Box of all bits I have taken off

Re: 1998 FSR Extreme - updated

That welded adaptor .. Surely that weakens the area that is stress bearing? Ie around pivots? I'd have run a magura on the back to be honest.

Re:

To be honest I don't think it does it's survived a rather tough wales trip, nothing has been removed from the bike, it goes over the topic the joining weld and was all clamped tight and measured to make sure nothing dis-figured from the heat, so personally I would think it would strengthen it,

Change of plan to keep 9 speed and run single front ring, thinking of switch to a SRAM set up

The brakes will be sent off to be serviced with new seals, pads and hoses

Re: 1998 FSR Extreme - updated

Got all my boys back from the powder coaters, and been awaiting funds to turn up, as well as a car accident taken up time

Rear has been all cleaned, and rebushed with NOS bushes

Frame awaiting decals

Stripped and cleaned, new seals in my Hope calipers and master cyclinders

Forks prepped ready for paint

Back