Even badder man

Thanks for the info,just hope the guys can find it again,it got buried under a ton of other bikes

The wonderful people at the recycling centre have dug out the Carerra for me,can't wait to pick it up.

Re:

Oh it's great to see that. I've not seen one for years. It's a mk2 (the mk 1 had mountain exage with thumbies) carreras were good bikes back then. It was the base model in the range, followed by the Waikaloa ( purple splatter paint with suntour xc ) Kathmandu ( blue splatter, shimano dx) and the Quattro comp ( grey smoke, xt) there was also a step through equivalent of the krakatoa in yellow splatter who's name escapes me. They all came with touch up paint and laquer and there was a proper brochure for that year too. The krakatoas list price was around 300 quid. Nice ride too, and the only one you could get in 17 inch apart from the step through one. That one looks like its very original. Let us know how you get on with it.

rumpfy":22t2wk6l said:
Abaca":22t2wk6l said:
What would you guys do?

I wouldn't have bought a sh!tty low end bike in poor shape that wasn't my size in the first place.

Aha! But, said shitty bike can be sold to purchase less shitty bike more suitable and less shitty than the previous shitty bike.

Re:

I would take a gt over a carrera anyday of the week.

Gt made bikes, carrera is a brand to shift product

Had a waikalou back then and it was so bad I ended up leaving it in at a church fete for then to sell for a quid. Dreadful things

Doctor stewie thank for the info,what year do you think? Is there a Carerra catalog available?

Legrandefromage wish I could paste your quote here but my phone will not allow it,what you said is rightbl it has allowed me to purchase other bikes of interest to me.
I understand they're not that special but I always wanted a retro Carerra and now I'm getting one,chuffed

Back