1997 IBIS BOW TI - MY DREAM BIKE - FINAL PICS!

Re: 1997 IBIS BOW TI - MY DREAM BIKE

I hadn't ridden mine for a very long time, till today, rode at welsh trail centre, Cwmcarn and did Cafall trail and Twrych. The bike still XC rides flawlessly, on a sunny dry day it was just great. The only thing I might change next time are bigger tyres and tighter pedals. Ace. Old bikes should be ridden. I was stopped by two sets of people wondering what it was and then being very excited when I explained. A bike worth keeping.

Re:

Agreed tin pin!

Last parts of the fork acquired:

-shockbone v brace which will be custom painted to match the legs of course! (both to be painted titanium finish),
-Ti bolt kit.

Attachments

• 752015094_o.jpg
    752015094_o.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 592
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 591
Re:

A small update

-Seatpost binder re-anodized clear to match the headset, and installed a new ti bolt.
-Fox Alps 5R rebuilt by Risse Racing.

Everything in the pic below is staying, so should give a good idea of the final direction, which is going to be very understated..(Note 1996 gold Mavic 230 rims)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 560
Re:

Now that's a Crankset...NOS Kooka and NOS Actiontec rings/bolts.

PS I will strip the entire bike down eventually, this is just mock up..

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 520
Re:

I decided to mock up the fork before ano/paint given all the aftermarket parts..fought me a bit but fits like a glove now....

-The Paul crown will be clear anodized.
-The Shockbone brace and legs will be painted a titanium color.
-White springs
-Factory Rebuilt Risse Gem cartridge.
-Ti hardware.
-4 new bushings pressed in.
-Perfect stanchions.
-Aluminum Steerer
-Silk Screened Rock Shox Decals

A Frankenstein fork, but when done will look as though it came that way from the factory (to the untrained eye) ;) "

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 494
Re:

I decided that a carbon brace (even painted) was inappropriate so I tracked down an nos Dengler brace from a guy in Germany.

This is the final direction.. All clear ano to go with the avid arches, kooka cranks, fox alps... and other bits

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 445
Re:

Ever seen titanium judy legs? Very impressed with my painter..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 376
Back