19" very rare - 1991 Titanium Kona Hei Hei

Looks big. Is that a 19 or 20? Jez can you get me measurements? Seattube c2c and c2t and top tube?

Because I am interested. Theres space for a Ti hardtail in my garage today :D

Anthony":15gebuv0 said:
If it's a 1990, I think it would be called a Titanium, not a Hei Hei. KonaPaul said he was looking for a 1990 Titanium.

This is the bike that appeared in the 1990 brochure. It looks so much like a Merlin (even down to the U-brakes, which the other high-end 1990 Konas didn't have) that I suspect it's a Merlin with a Kona sticker. The first Hei Hei the following year was a Kona shape, quite different.

yeah, that IS a Merlin. if you zoom in you can still see the Merlin and the Titianium decals

Carsten

Carsten":hrjwazcx said:
yeah, that IS a Merlin. if you zoom in you can still see the Merlin and the Titianium decals

Carsten

So is the geometry of this Hei Hei the same as a 1990/1 Merlin Mountain?

Little Bob":jk2vv7az said:
Carsten":jk2vv7az said:
Carsten
So is the geometry of this Hei Hei the same as a 1990/1 Merlin Mountain?
Carsten is referring to the 1990 catalogue picture that I posted in response to Jez's surmise. Coincidentally, there is a current thread on mtbr/Kona where another contributor confirms that the 1990 Kona Titanium bikes were in fact rebadged Merlins.

But just to be clear, Jez's pictures confirm that the bike that he is selling is a 1991 or 92 Hei Hei, made by TST (Sandvic) to Kona geometry and nothing to do with Merlin.

Latest posts

Back