mudguards?

doctor-bond

Feature Bike
Never used mudguards before, but now I'm a stalwart citizen with a mortgage, a pension and mouths to feed, I feel they might have a place on a road build (and if anyone knows a forum where I can get advice on sock garters and galoshers, let me know ;) ).

So ...

I thought these were interesting, gracing a Paris ROubaix thingy on ebay. Are they just cut down or is there a special category of half guards out there?

Raceblades do a job but surely this is an excuse for an extra bike with the necessary clearance and braze ons?

Those race blades are better than nowt but only just. Full length guards are far better. As Ed says it's worth getting another bike to leave guards on all year round - I've been using my 'winter' bike over the last few weeks due to the constant rain :LOL:
Although a pukka winter frame is nice you can force guards onto most things. I use an old specialized alu race frame - have to force the back wheel in but it does the job!

surely this is an excuse for an extra bike with the necessary clearance and braze ons?

Busted! If not an extra bike then at least a change of direction, but maybe not a change all the way to ......

http://forum.ctc.org.uk/ :LOL: ... aversion therapy, like making your kid smoke a whole cigar to put em off tobacco.

Full on sks thermoplastics are the way to go
main.php

and fixed of course
:LOL:

I remember the guy from planet x saying he was going to import some fandangle japanese mudguard but haven't checked to see if their there.

Those skinny thermoplastics look great & even less obtrusive than the race blades, especially with the white frame.

I looked into the Honjo's: I like the hand beaten finish but I'm guessing they're relatively heavy on the bike as well as the wallet.

The guy who is selling the gazelle is posting me his blades for tenner so I'll have a tinker and see how I get on.
;)

Back