My New Bike - 1988 Cinder Cone

floorjammed

Retro Newbie
So, I have to tell my story. It is short....I bought a 1988 Cindercone in 1989, it was my pride and joy (I was 15). I had it stolen in 1991 whilst a friend was borrowing it....I have thought about it alot since, I was gutted.

I have, a few days after my 40th, found a replacement. It is hardly used (the big ring has not been used at all), everything, tyres, cables etc... (except saddle) is original. Frame is almost unmarked (couple of chips, but nothing really, corrosion is only apparent on U of rear ubrake (will get that re finished). Totally amazing. Stoked.

Picture is as I bought it, not cleaned in years....

Had to tell someone (s) who cares (my wife does not really understand why I bought a 26 year old bike!)

Attachments

• Kona1.jpg
    Kona1.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 853
  • Kona1.jpg
    Kona1.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 853
Welcome to the forum, we all care about old bikes here ! :D

That's a great find in that condition, lovely bike to ride as well, I had a go on one bitd and was very impressed with how it handled.

Wonderful bike. I think I test road one of those BITD, but bought something else. Glad you were able to replace it. Enjoy your new bike! :D

Welcome to the forum ,

Sad to hear about your original kona , must be so good to find a replacement for it . Hope you enjoy . Lots of nice bikes to look at and buy here , hope you've cleared a room. :facepalm:
You have been warned :LOL:
Mike

floorjammed":1zskwl4c said:
Was too much tbh, £350, but I had to.

In a short period of time you'ĺl have forgotten how much you paid for it.
however had you passed it up you'd have spent the next 12 months regretting that decision

In my book you did the right thing and pulled the trigger
only down side...... And hinted at above, it just never stops at just one
:D

Back