The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking £90 delivered to someone minus the pedals and alternative saddle?

1994 Univega 5.7 - mostly LX. Frame has a small dent.

file.php

my uncle passed away a few weeks ago and he had some old bikes gathering dust in his garage, he always told me he wanted to sell them but he never got around to it. I don't know much about vintage bikes or bikes in general. I'll post some pictures I took of them here and hopefully someone can tell me more about the years these were built and how if they are worth selling. I still have to try and clean them all up a bit.

y9oh.jpg

a60h.jpg

g5xy.jpg

y9t3.jpg

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your Uncle.

This is probably not really our area of expertise (not speaking for everyone) but just a quick search on ebay in the US under 'completed listings' brings up results for most of the models I can make out in your pics. Prices seem to vary hugely but yours do appear (to the untrained eye) to be pretty original spec and look like they just need a good clean and polish. I'm guessing the US market would be a better place for these but unfortunately postage will be a killer depending on where you are. I reckon you can probably find a forum relating to these old Schwinns and what you have there might really interest some collectors.

I reckon you can probably find a forum relating to these old Schwinns and what you have there might really interest some collectors.

+1

did more research

serial#
HS00124

http://schwinncruisers.com/schwinn.php?serial=HS00124 (Congrats! Your bike is an original Chicago Schwinn. Built: AUGUST of 1981)

pictures:
https://imageshack.com/a/SWcq/1

the bike has a made in china sticker, is it possible the frame and other parts were built in Chicago and assembled in china? Would this increase or decrease it's value? The frame for sure is American built in 1981, how can I tell if the rest is American made?

btw im done posting about these bikes on these fourms now, just thought it was interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back