I need something pre-1987 for L'Eroica

Godlykepower

Dirt Disciple
Set myself the goal of riding this event next year and I'm going to be doing it both in the UK and in Italy.

It has been many years since I've even ridden a racing bike (touring is my thing nowadays) so I have no idea what would be suitable for the event, where to find it or how much it will cost.

I've just built a rather lovely Surly LHT which will probably outlive me and almost all my future cycling will take place on, so whatever I buy for L'Eroica need only to suffice for the 2 events, hence I don't need or especially want to pay a great deal.

I don't mind if it's in quite poor shape as another project would be nice too.

Help me out!

Blimey....the world, as they say, is your oyster :)

There's a Carlton Corsair on here for £100 :)

Shaun

Yeah, theres quite a bit of choice out there, I'm sure you'll find something suitable.
For everything else the Trucker is a fine machine. Have one myself and love it, a do all, go anywhere carrying anything and everything machine :cool:

Jamie

Godlykepower":qt42lv9c said:
Set myself the goal of riding this event next year and I'm going to be doing it both in the UK and in Italy.

It has been many years since I've even ridden a racing bike (touring is my thing nowadays) so I have no idea what would be suitable for the event, where to find it or how much it will cost.

I've just built a rather lovely Surly LHT which will probably outlive me and almost all my future cycling will take place on, so whatever I buy for L'Eroica need only to suffice for the 2 events, hence I don't need or especially want to pay a great deal.

I don't mind if it's in quite poor shape as another project would be nice too.

Help me out!

Where are you? My Carlton Criterium has already done L'Eroica twice (with the previous owner), and I'm looking to move it on soon.

Thanks for the replies so far.

I'm in Royston in Hertfordshire.

I am 5"11 and my Surly is a 56cm frame. I had seen that Carlton already but it looks too small for me? Even though the seat tube is apparently 22.5 inches, which would be over 57cm?

I've had a bit of luck over at CTC with the offer of a lovely Dawes, but it's £300 and something in Holland for £265 delivered.
These are both a touch more than I would ideally like to spend (but it's not out of the question or a deal breaker.)

The bike in Holland is a David Sport which I've never heard of, but looks quite nice and seems well specced?

Latest posts

Back