1997 Proflex Beast Shocks

fordprefect

Retro Newbie
I know there's been much chat about this in the past on this forum and on idriders.com but I'm starting a new thread because there seems to be no easy way of tracking down a really nice diagram with dimensions and pics to manufacture a cone to fit a 165mm Fox Float shock to fit a Proflex Beast, I'm pretty certain it has been done a few times and would be really grateful if somebody could help me out, it really would mean a lot.
I have a mate with a metal lathe that owes me a favor so should have no trouble in getting one made.

Thanks in advance.

Well....thanks to a fellow forum member, I got the drawings I needed but so much for friends owing me a favour, he still wanted £40 for machining one :/

Guess I'll have to go see if I can get some better quotes from other engineering companies.

for a one-off part i don'r think £40 is too bad a price, its about tge same as I paid.

I have had an adapter made to do this, here is hte link once more: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=152885&hilit=xp8

I had 3 made up, I know an old geezer with lathe and milling machine who knocked these out for me, and the bushes for the shock. I sold this at cost, for around £ 30, so £ 40 is not that bad.

ALternative is Risse shcock, and these would cost at least £ 120 from the US.

Is this the drawing you used? It's for a specific shock as I recall, although I'm sure that it could work with others...

EDIT

...image removed by request...

Back