Do you know what headset this is? H-elp.

No progress. Going to try a better bike shop to remove it. No rush as it's my second frame. It's waiting for the other to be finished before I make a start. I have an f3xc fork with it but it will gather dust till next year or maybe I may even sell it as progress is slow! :)

update: soaked it in penetrating oil for two days and two nights, oil turned pleasingly orange, then took it to a real proper bike ship, not one of these fancy carbon plastic bike shops and they employed a freaking huge metal hammer, closed the door so I couldnt see, and made it ring like a bell... then ten mins later appeared with cups in one hand and frame in the other. no damage to frame... ahhh another one saved. happy days. :)

"If Sir would care to wait downstairs, there's no need for Sir osee this..."
:LOL:

Great news, hope the build goes smoothly from here on!

Worth noting, I had a late Amp B3 that had an internally butted headtube. There was an internal lip that if you weren't careful, you could attempt to push out instead of the race. 100% wasn't a reducer, it was part of the frame, but you had to really look to see it. The lip was about 2mm wide, top and bottom. It was obvious once the headset was out, but I can imagine someone beating on the lip and wondering why the race wasn't coming out!!

My_Teenage_Self":rd139adu said:
Worth noting, I had a late Amp B3 that had an internally butted headtube. There was an internal lip that if you weren't careful, you could attempt to push out instead of the race. 100% wasn't a reducer, it was part of the frame, but you had to really look to see it. The lip was about 2mm wide, top and bottom. It was obvious once the headset was out, but I can imagine someone beating on the lip and wondering why the race wasn't coming out!!

Now he tells us :p

dyna-ti":bsfx5w11 said:
My_Teenage_Self":bsfx5w11 said:

Now he tells us :p

:LOL: :LOL: Sorry, I didn't see this thread the first time around! :facepalm: :LOL:

Back