Jolting, clunking single speed problems...

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to shorten the chain tonight as I reckon that is it. I'm going to stick with 36:18 as that is what I have, but may go bigger further down the line. I originally thought stiff link, but they're all nice and loose and it happens with each pedal revolution (at the point of max torque), not with each cycle of the chain.

Ta

jsbean":p5no6gay said:
Hi all,

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to shorten the chain tonight as I reckon that is it. I'm going to stick with 36:18 as that is what I have, but may go bigger further down the line. I originally thought stiff link, but they're all nice and loose and it happens with each pedal revolution (at the point of max torque), not with each cycle of the chain.

Ta
"The point of max torque" happens twice per pedal revolution...

Yep, sorry for not being clear, I meant once per pedal per revolution, which would mean twice per revolution with two pedals, if you get what I mean?

I'm pleased to report that taking a couple of links out has. Sorted it completely. Cheers!

Even when hammering up hill there was no slipping. I reckon my legs will give way before the chain does.

Thanks for the advice. I probably would have tried taking the freehub apart before thinking of the chain wrap.

Back