WHYTE PRST-1 Price drop £400 and again £350 collected SOLD

Re: WHYTE PRST-1 Price drop £400

How has this bike not sold? I can only think that people must be put off by the lack of disc brake compatibility.

Worry not people, the supposedly "super-rare, never to be made again, rarer than rocking horse ordure" PRST-1 disc brake adapters are in fact not particularly difficult to make. Any first year mechanical apprentice could knock a couple up in a meter of hours using basic tools.

If I had the money I would buy it now. If My old pick up sells I will!

Never done it before but others have - I am sure someone could advise who has done it before if you are serious

Talk to VeloFrog, he's sent a PRST-1 abroad before, and he's an absolute master at boxing these things up. The PRST 4 he shipped to me last week came in a box so compact it looked unlikely that a bike could ever have fitted inside it, and yet it was so well protected it could have survived just about any ham-fisted truck drivers attentions.

It does require that you strip the bike to its component parts, but the reduction in size of the package will cut huge lumps out of the shipping cost.

It may also be worth considering a frame only sale. Things like wheels and drivetrain are common the world over so they could be sourced locally by the buyer, and since the frame, forks and shocks only weigh about 10lbs, the buyers savings in shipping costs might go a long way to buying those parts. You could then sell the bits on here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 393

Yeah - I'm the guy who actually reviewed the PRST-1 for this Southeast Asian website Togoparts.com back when the bike first came out. So you could say I have a thing for it.

http://www.togoparts.com/articles/article.php?artid=24

Would also be keen if it was just the frameset. I've relocated to the US East Coast so I hope shipping is a little less dear. I would like to get a copy of the bike I reviewed actually (the classic Mavic 217 SUP lemon rims are still on a vintage Trek Y-22)

wbike.jpg

Back