Super record Front Derallieur thread stripped

orbeas":2pi06g71 said:
get an engineer to fit a Helicoil bringing back to the original size.

thinks its 6mm

This is the best repair. Actually much stronger than the original thread just cut in the alloy. Campagnolo should have made it with a steel thread insert in the first place.

If you are in the States you can send it to me to be repaired. Probably not worth the postage costs though if you are in the UK.

It is a 5mm Heli-coil.

In the 1950s we would have got it going by tying a knot in it. But in these days of appearance being more important there is probably not enough inner cable length to do this.

Thank you for the comments and advice. I'm going to try and fit a helicoil, fairly cheap for an m5 kit on fleabay. I'm sure success will be more readily re-threaded ( pun intended ) ) than abject failure.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
+1 for helicoiling it. Invisible repair and stronger than it was originally. What's not to like?

See if you can find someone to do it for you as it's fairly expensive to buy all the kit but the actual helicoil is about 10p.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The heli-coil kit from ebay at £14 seems to have done the job. Easy enough, even with only basic tools. A good fix to save replacing the part. Thanks for the advice.

Back