1985 Eddy Merckx Time Trial

the only kmc chains in gold are for 9 to 11 speed, but just ordered an everest oro chain from ebay, so i'm good on this one ;-)

bramv":2j667vbl said:
Jonny69":2j667vbl said:
Awesome looking bike. What's that T-shaped spoke key you've got? Does that help fit the spoke nipple onto the end of the spoke without dropping it into the rim section? I wouldn't mind one of them if that's what it does.

it's just an old 14g spoke, folded in a T-shape with some electric tape around it, and a brass nipple filed flat and screwed on there backwords :)
That totally makes sense! I wish I'd thought about that before. You've just saved me a huge amount of future wheelbuilding grief!

Beautiful bike,I had a road frame exactly the same colour with c record spec components,sold it to boost house deposit,regretted it ever since,I will own one again I hope.

Small update:

sadle arrived this week, and bought some white leather to make an almarc style handlebar.

IMG_0994

IMG_1004

maybe a bold move but i'm going to try making small holes in the leather to have the same effect as the perforated sadle.

hopefully the chain arrives one of these days.

Back