MTFU or suitable accoutrements? Discuss

Gotta go with suburbanreuban and chrisv40 on this one, I used to be anti mudguard but after commuting to work everyday in all types of weather found I didnt like a wet crack on arriving at work ( I've yet to find a decent pair of leggings for a 35 inch inside leg,so inevitably they end up exposing my rear end!),I find the rear one keeps the front mech a hell of a lot cleaner as well.

For me if I was using a bike to commute then yes it makes sense...offroad? Well for me its a no. It may save my crack from some moistness but it will still get sweaty and with the mud I tend to ride in its near impossible to keep clean. I would say that if any I would go for a crud catcher style front and forget the rear. It is a pain when open mouthed you get a splat of mud on your teeth! Or from a safety point of view a splat in your eye! Although I wear eye protection for that reason. They do look shit but then I am a bit of a tart when it comes to appearance! :facepalm: The thing is as has been said its your bike, but don't expect everyone to love your bike! :D

I'm all for them, period correct if possible...

Attachments

• IMG_0362_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_0362_edited-1.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 176
rc200ti":3vor7a3t said:
Prefer to hose dogshit off my mudguards than off me.

You seriously need to MTFU, real MTB'ers take delight in picking the dog pooh from their teeth after a ride, and nothing yells "coutryside" more than taking a swig from a turd covered water bottle :LOL: ;)

For commuting though I think guards are acceptable.

I'm so glad I asked. This is great stuff. I'm not looking for affirmation or brotherhood just wanted to know whatever thought. Are there any real men left in the world? The sort that would laugh in the face of a muddy moist. Rack for upwards of two hours for completely avoidable machismo benefits.

If I could find a period guard I would fit it but there's so many other things in my life that are more important such as selecting the cheapest cheese. Two 350g blocks or the 600g double pack? Whether I should micturate again before bed or will it mean another 3am toe stubbing dog barking wife moaning trip along the landing with the risk of squidgingthrough the newly formed crust on oa recently deposited parcel of recycled bakers choice dog biscuits?

Pass the port, the red's finished!

And the inlaws are here...........................again

I love those old Raceguards that TedC has fitted to his Kona, bloody expensive now if your lucky enough to find one.

Full guards on any bike used on the road in winter are a must in my opinion to keep the road salt from corroding both frame and parts.

What is it called and how do I search for one?

The guard. So cool. Unlike my house with two elderly overnighters. Open fire, heating on. Threatened to sit in the longe in a thong.

Back