Wanted: Kona Cinder Cone

contadino

Retro Newbie
Hello, I'm not sure if it's appropriate to look for a whole bike this way, and what I'm after crosses the 1998 date line, but I'll post this up on the off chance...

I'm looking for a Kona Cinder Cone. Any date from mid-90's until 2001 really. It doesn't need to be stock, and I can't afford anything like a pristine one, but so long as the frame is structurally sound I'll be interested. The only other thing that I'm a bit fussy about is that I want cantilever brakes so it needs to have mounts for them.

Size-wise anything from 17-inches up would be good. I'm a podgy 6-footer.

Also, I'm in no hurry. I will be visiting the UK in July 2014 and really want to bring it (plus anything extra I need for the project) back with me, although if I find what I'm after before then, I can buy it and have a bunch of mates dotted around the country who are happy to look after it until my visit.

I'm budgeting somewhere in the region of £200 to get me a smooth-running bike. If that's crazy, please let me know. It's a figure derived from looking at eBay completed listings. I can go a bit higher, specially if the vendor is happy to be paid in olive oil. ;)

Thanks everyone.

Back