*** Titanium Nuke Proof Frame ***

We are well aware of what costs what. USPS priority doesn't work to cover a SELLER under Paypal / eBay's policies.

Take this example that happens ALOT:

A buyer gets a $2000 frame via USPS priority and the tracking shows that it arrived safely at their door. All the buyer has to do is SAY it hasn't arrived and they will get their money back. Even if you can pull up the tracking and it clearly shows delivered. Without a signature it means nothing.

We ship a couple hundred international packages a day and this happens all the time // we have lost thousands. The ONLY way to protect yourself as a seller is to have a signature from the buyer via FED EX. Because each countries government is different and USPS works with each countries unique postal carrier, signatures are not reliable / possible. Fed Ex is the only comp we would be using.

A little Pro's Closet 101 for ya'll.

We study / practice and analyze these details daily. It effects our bottom line and you can trust we know the problem as well as the potential solutions (from both the buyer and the seller's side). We know that you can get frames / wheels for $100 shipped but that doesn't protect our investment. We need to run a business and the only way to do that is to ensure we are covered too. That is the marketplace we operate in and we are limited to that liability. We will keep you posted. We are committed to finding a solution, USPS is not it.

theproscloset":27i111k8 said:
We are well aware of what costs what. USPS priority doesn't work to cover a SELLER under Paypal / eBay's policies.

Take this example that happens ALOT:

A buyer gets a $2000 frame via USPS priority and the tracking shows that it arrived safely at their door. All the buyer has to do is SAY it hasn't arrived and they will get their money back. Even if you can pull up the tracking and it clearly shows delivered. Without a signature it means nothing.

We ship a couple hundred international packages a day and this happens all the time // we have lost thousands. The ONLY way to protect yourself as a seller is to have a signature from the buyer via FED EX. Because each countries government is different and USPS works with each countries unique postal carrier, signatures are not reliable / possible. Fed Ex is the only comp we would be using.

A little Pro's Closet 101 for ya'll.

We study / practice and analyze these details daily. It effects our bottom line and you can trust we know the problem as well as the potential solutions (from both the buyer and the seller's side). We know that you can get frames / wheels for $100 shipped but that doesn't protect our investment. We need to run a business and the only way to do that is to ensure we are covered too. That is the marketplace we operate in and we are limited to that liability. We will keep you posted. We are committed to finding a solution, USPS is not it.

A little unsure about some of the above, $160 for a bike split into two Parcels, all bar coded and read by the courier upon arrival and further signed for, I fail to see how this could fail, or how I could claim it wasn't delivered, and claim ALL my money back.

I appreciate you need to cover yourself and the commissioned sales you profit from to stay in business, but I think there is a bigger slice of the pie for you if you can find a solution.

I suspect this site alone, just from the English contingent could substantially enhance your gross profit margin if a solution could be found, given the size of the market and the free cost of your sales promoting here. This Retrobike site alone must be responsible for a huge turnover of money, via members sales and purchasing.

More often than not when an item is delivered with tracking and USPS signature, the receiving countries postal carrier will either not capture the signature or the electronic systems that the carrier is using do not seamless upload into USPS's software showing that it was securely delivered. Bottom line is USPS in theory should work // but it doesn't. Each country is different // each countries attention to detail is different.

THEN if you try to file a claim through USPS you might as well throw up smoke signals. You will never see your money. Fed Ex on the other side has worked well for us and we can securely // successfully mail things world wide to happy customers. Their systems work and filing any dispute / claim is quick, reliable and efficient.

Our business wouldn't have made it this far relying on USPS's systems. Unfortunately there are a lot of scammers out there that know how to abuse the system. We have to set up our systems to protect our investments.

AirPressure":1e67w8dg said:
All the buyer has to do is SAY it hasn't arrived and they will get their money back.

That's not even remotely true.

I as a buyer have been through this twice. Item not received, dispute filed, no refund. Paypal/eBay could care less.

My point was simply that there are less expensive ways to get things to Europe.

Since you're running this as a business perhaps you should stick with eBay.
This is more about friends trading things amongst each other, not protecting investments.

theproscloset":2v1xhhmv said:
More often than not when an item is delivered with tracking and USPS signature, the receiving countries postal carrier will either not capture the signature or the electronic systems that the carrier is using do not seamless upload into USPS's software showing that it was securely delivered. Bottom line is USPS in theory should work // but it doesn't. Each country is different // each countries attention to detail is different.

THEN if you try to file a claim through USPS you might as well throw up smoke signals. You will never see your money. Fed Ex on the other side has worked well for us and we can securely // successfully mail things world wide to happy customers. Their systems work and filing any dispute / claim is quick, reliable and efficient.

Our business wouldn't have made it this far relying on USPS's systems. Unfortunately there are a lot of scammers out there that know how to abuse the system. We have to set up our systems to protect our investments.

You know your business.

Its a shame you cant have a sit down with Fed Ex, and find a way of reducing your postage charges to the Uk. (purely from my own personal view).
There have been many items that would have been purchased (mainly bikes) that I have let slide, purely due to your Postage cost, and then the custom charges this end.

Fair play... your items are well presented, and always seem in good order, and I find myself wanting to give you my business, but it is always Top Dollar before adding the additional expenses to get it to the Uk mainland.

Im sure im not the only member here that has come up against this, and given how impressed I was with your business model, it just seems a shame that there isn't a conversation worth having with Fed Ex, If you are adamant this is the only way.

Simply FWIW from a "Potential" customer.

AirPressure":2kkwawj0 said:
AirPressure":2kkwawj0 said:
All the buyer has to do is SAY it hasn't arrived and they will get their money back.

That's not even remotely true.

I as a buyer have been through this twice. Item not received, dispute filed, no refund. Paypal/eBay could care less.

My point was simply that there are less expensive ways to get things to Europe.

Since you're running this as a business perhaps you should stick with eBay.
This is more about friends trading things amongst each other, not protecting investments.

Oh it is true, you just have to know how and what to say. You are not a scammer. You should of been covered if the systems were filled out correctly.

You have been through this twice.... we go through this 2-4 times a Day.

sinnerman":3clru846 said:
theproscloset":3clru846 said:

You know your business.

Its a shame you cant have a sit down with Fed Ex, and find a way of reducing your postage charges to the Uk. (purely from my own personal view).
There have been many items that would have been purchased (mainly bikes) that I have let slide, purely due to your Postage cost, and then the custom charges this end.

Fair play... your items are well presented, and always seem in good order, and I find myself wanting to give you my business, but it is always Top Dollar before adding the additional expenses to get it to the Uk mainland.

Im sure im not the only member here that has come up against this, and given how impressed I was with your business model, it just seems a shame that there isn't a conversation worth having with Fed Ex, If you are adamant this is the only way.

Simply FWIW from a "Potential" customer.

This feedback is key and we will see about specific countries we can work with Fed Ex on... specifically the UK. I will personally go to bat to see what we can do for you guys. We work with Fed Ex to get the best rates possible. We have a close relationship with Fed Ex and are working on these details as we speak.

Cool......... :cool:

Attachments

• FED EX. The PEOPLE CHOICE....!.jpg
    FED EX. The PEOPLE CHOICE....!.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 117
Back